I recently found a picture of some fritters that looked really yummy, So me being me wanted to try them. Once I found the recipe for Really Green Fritters on the Higgidy Pies website, all I had to do was find the ingredients and make them. As I was unable to find all the ingredients I adapted it.
So my Really Green fritters, JBM2 style
- 2 Medium eggs
- 100g Courgette, grated
- 1 handfull of baby spinach
- 50g Garlic and Herb Philadelphia
- 1tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2tbsp plain flour
- A knob of butter and glug of oil
- beat eggs, then add all the other ingredients saving butter and oil.
- mix together
- heat butter and oil over a medium heat
- in batches add dollops and fry for a couple of minutes, flip and cook again for a couple of minutes
- eat once cooked.
Now I made the mistake and my first dollops where rather large! I used a folk and scraped it into the frying pan, the next time was a table spoon, much better size and cooked easier.
Since cooking these fritters I found that I like baby spinach, so I will defiantly be cooking these again. I might be lucky and find the soft goats cheese that was needed in the original version.