I thought I would share my recipe for scones. I made these today with Bob as she is off school with chicken pox and now getting bored.
So what do you need?
- 225g of self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 55g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150mls (ish) milk
- Glass cherries
- So mix the flour and salt, then rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Add sugar and mix again
- Add a little milk and mix until it looks like dough, knead for a little while
- At this point you can add other things, in my case cherries and gently mix
- Turn out onto floured surface either roll out or just flatten with your hand
- Cut out circles and place on baking tray
- Use a milk or egg wash on top
- Bake in the oven at 220c for about 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and eat!
These didn’t use all the milk as it was getting to wet (still too hot to eat!).